George B. Lindsay was a distinguished member of the Delaware County Bar Association from 1875-1918. Upon his death, he made a gift in trust of the contents of his personal law library to be made available to attorneys whose principle offices were located in the City of Chester. Between 1919-2009, the Lindsay Law Library operated successfully at its Widener University site. In 2009, the physical library facility closed, and the Lindsay Law Library Board expanded the mission of the trust to encompass general education of attorneys. The George B. Lindsay Memorial Foundation, as it is now known, works closely with the Delaware County Bar Association and maintains its principal office in the Bar Building.
In 2011, the Lindsay Memorial Foundation made a generous grant to the DCBA to build a "Lawyers' Lounge" so that attorneys who do not have an office in Media would have a space where they could work or do research. In October, 2011, the Lindsay Memorial Lawyers' Lounge was dedicated and is now open to all members of the DCBA.
The Lindsay Memorial Foundation plans to continue to support the DCBA by underwriting a CLE Lecture Series beginning in 2012. Also, the Lindsay Memorial Foundation provided a grant to bring a keynote speaker to the 2012 Bench Bar Conference.
Delaware County Bar Association • 335 West Front Street, Media PA 19063-2340 • PO Box 466 • P (610) 566-6627 • F (610) 566-7952